Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Not knowing what one is talking about, redux

It's just amazing to me to watch someone dance around the exact meaning, in plain English, of what it is that I've clearly stated over there.

Some men, you just can't reach.

Connie's over there, changing the subject and context of the argument, and getting called on it, only for her to try to claim that I'm doing the same thing. I've got a clue for her, and it revolves around absolutely none of what she thinks I'm talking about, 'cuz I'm not talking 'bout the show, just Clarkson, opening his mouth about shit he doesn't understand. And that is all.

Honest to God, I've been a reader since almost day one over there, and I can't say that I've disagreed with the two of them too often at all. A poke at someone else, and something that is without doubt provable, and those two want to go batshit over it.

Simply amazing.

Hope they enjoy that retirement thing.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Tam said...

Sigh. I should turn in my intarw3bz gun nerd credentials for saying this, but I've always found KdT to be something of a pompous blowhard, opining as an artiste and expert on numerous topics on which he's barely qualified to open his mouth. For someone who fair embraces the term "elitist", he epitomizes Cooper's Age of the Common Man so very well. He does impress multitudes even less able than himself, however.

If you are at all an automotive enthusiast, you will know what I mean when I say that he impresses me as an internet-era David E. Davis (the mid/late-'80s David E. Davis), without a Davis-like resume to back him up. All hat, no cattle.

Connie "Stockholm Syndrome" DuToit is a post unto herself...

8:54 AM  
Blogger theirritablearchitect said...

You summarized exactly what I was feeling about the situation, Tam.

I'd made my argument clearly, yet Kim was acting like the autistic kid (with no disrespect towards autism, or affected by it), yammering, "LA LA LA LA LA LA....," at the absolute top of his friggin' lungs, just so he didn't have to hear anything remotely contradictory to what he felt.

And Connie wouldn't even acknowledge the initial point being made, so it's no wonder that she did the whole Ostrich-thing.

'Bout wet myself with that Stockholm Syndrome reference, BTW.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Tam said...

CdT is to Brigid/Breda/La Phlegm as Hills is to Palin.

One achieved their current state of respect w/o riding someone's coattails, the other couldn't get Vâ‚‚without JATO.

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home