Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Those who can't see

Is it not obvious to the schmucks who write these pieces, when they are openly engaging in partisan political horseshit?

How about this?,
"...Only Texas, with 57 so-called "patriot" groups, outstrips Michigan's 47, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), a nonprofit civil rights organization in Montgomery, Ala., that tracks hate group activity."
First of all, the SPLC, otherwise known as the Southern Preposterous Lie Center, isn't any kind of authority on, well, anything, except getting their stupid asses in print and camera, regularly. They've deliberately engaged in a smear, here, by way of associating true patriot groups with the much used moniker "hate groups." There is a difference, and their bias clearly shows.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tam said...

If I print up letterhead or gin up a web page, can I be a "patriot group" too?

Or do I need to get my neighbor or my cat to join before I can get slandered?

9:51 PM  
Blogger theirritablearchitect said...

By their definitions, I'm sure you would be, Tam, with all of the same hassles associated with such similar to what got the Davidians turned to a crisp and Randy Weaver's family killed.

It amazes me when I see this shit and I've even said out loud, HELL, I've PRINTED IT, "What's wrong with getting the revolt started?" in response. It's pretty obvious that the other side thinks it A-OK to fire bomb and run tanks over a house, so long as it's labeled a "militia compound," or some other derisive term.

I suppose most think that too extreme and wookie-suiterish for me to say such things, but it's going to happen. At some point, these will cease to be isolated stories of persons having a line crossed, ala The Ballad of Carl Drega, as they'll be too numerous to keep track of the individual incidents for posterity.

It also amazes me when I get some kind of response like, "It can't happen here, not now," to which I shake my head and walk away, since history has obviously been lost to such persons.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home