Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fueling a nascent crisis

So, the other day, fellow Kansan, Mark B. and I were discussing how it might look if, considering the drought in Ukraine and crop failures in China were met with similar problems in the southern hemisphere, how that might turn the typically abundant and cheap world food supply completely on its ear, and the resulting economic hardships that would ensue.

That, in turn, could lead to some very bad things.

Turns out, it's happening right now.

Oh dear.

H/T to SurvivalBlog for the links.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Mark B. said...

Spikes in the prices of core commodities?

SIGNS OF A STRENGTHENING ECONOMY!!!!



'Berg

8:36 AM  
Blogger theirritablearchitect said...

Stop, you're KILLING me!

Wait, I wonder what Paul Krugman has to say about this? (abounding cackles from my chair)

Now, where's that paperwork for that LLC I was talking about? (he says to himself)

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home