Thursday, October 25, 2012

Believe

I recall a young chap back around '89-'91 who was a bit of a sensation at this type of thing.

This lady does (it says 3 miles, but I'm leary of it not being 5K) in 16 minutes. Flat.

Wow.

Relish the accomplishments, Sarah. Look around, breath deeply and remember what it is like to stand on top of the heap of humanity, having conquered it.  I can tell anyone who asks, this; I remember that, and I've never felt more alive than when I was crushing the field like she is right now.

I'd give almost anything to have those times to live again.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger NotClauswitz said...

Enjoy it but don't peak too early or your life ever-after is one long downhill...unless you ski! :-)

5:00 PM  
Blogger theirritablearchitect said...

Kind of a drawback of being an athlete. You're young and able and then, suddenly you're not.

I can say that getting old sucks, now that I am. :)

9:19 PM  
Blogger NotClauswitz said...

The alternative is being old you get to experiment with painkillers and strange substances like glucosamine chondriton - does it really work? My shoulders ache all the time.

11:53 AM  
Blogger theirritablearchitect said...

I've been on that stuff for years.

It seems to work OK, but it's something you need to stay on, I think.

NSAID stuff is a bit of a Catch 22, if you ask me. They DO work, ibuprofen works best for me on the typical joint pain, but since I've had a couple of kidney stones over the years, my doc said to watch it with those. Not sure why, exactly, but that's what he said.

Personally, I can't wait for all of this gene therapy that we hear about in the news to make its way into the mainstream. Like a day at the spa type of thing. Pop a pill and grow yourself a new kidney or heart or teeth (Yay!).

I'm curious if I'll ever get to see that stuff.

2:03 PM  
Blogger NotClauswitz said...

No kidney stones yet and the ibuprofen helps, but the rifle weighs so damn much now, AND the spotting scope, and all the rest of the junk to lug around...

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home