Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Another year

Ye-frickin-haw.

I've known for years that I shared a birthday with Jimi Hendrix.

I see that Steve Urkel also was born today, as was NBA shorty Nick Van Exel. Ivan Rodriguez, who is due for his late-thirties boost in home run production, is exactly a year older than me.

Adding to the list is bitch extraordinaire and Mike Tyson-Ex, Robin Givens, and the excellent character actor William Fichtner. Continuing with the actors theme, Kung-Fu legend Bruce Lee, teen movie actress Alison Pill and actress/sportscaster Jayne Kennedy (who nobody has seen for years) were all born today as well.

Not wanting to leave out the dregs and politicians (redundancy alert) of society, I note that Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg was also born today.

More important persons were also born on this day, Anders Celsius, an astronomer and physicist, invented the centigrade scale by which to more conveniently measure temperature; grading the value of it from the freezing to the boiling point of water on a simple to understand 0 to 100 scale. For the proles, of course, since Fahrenheit is so much harder a scale to understand, you see. He also did some other stuff, like staring at stars through different colors of glass, an early form of spectral analysis for the determining the magnitude of stars (this method is still in use today, BTW) and other meaningless tasks, such measuring the size and shape of Mother Gaia.

I'm now about half way to getting the rest that I know I deserve (that'd be retirement, in lay terms), though if family history is any indication, I'm sure that I'm due for around 90 to 95 years before the ticker gives out. Great. Can't wait for those days when I can't actually make it to the toilet by myself and need assistance. I may check out early if it ever comes to that.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger NotClauswitz said...

Happy Birthday! I'm rolling over the digits in January, the rest of the line seems to keep on ticking but sometimes I think I've run into too many hard objects... If you're gonna stick around for another half-century-plus you might as well make it hell for anti-gunners. :-)

7:07 PM  
Blogger theirritablearchitect said...

Dirt,

Thanks, and, that's the plan!

You seem to have the longevity gene as well, hearing of your dad being rather active and still doing a great deal of biking in his golden years.

I know I've run into too many hard objects, for sure. I even have the broken noses to prove it!

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home