Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Taking bets...

...on who'll get the blame for this tragedy.

The smart money is on A) The Eeeeevil NRA, and B) The equally evil Americans, cuz it's always the crazy 'Merican Rednecks with their guns who make all these furrin' yutes feel so disaffected that they feel the "need" to off some of their peers. It's all the fault of those hateful RedStaters, you see.

I can't wait to hear the excuses, and I'm taking notes on who responds, and what they make of this situation in the media. I'm expanding my list, and it's getting to be rather spectacularly long.
Let the blame game begin.

Is my contempt obvious?

Update: It seems that Kevin Baker and Zendo Deb have similar thoughts.

Update, 11/12: Miscreants, associating with one another about nefarious activities over the interw3z. Who'd ever think of that? Of course, this will somehow prove the point to some (morons, mostly) about it being all our fault, spreading the dreaded School Shooting Syndrome© to other countries, like some disease. {snark alert}

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty good comments at 'Minority,' too. I'm a one-trick pony on school violence (just missed the legal definition of school shooter myself, a lifetime ago) so I'll spare you that.

But it behooves us to keep this in mind: The Finns are some shootin' fools. Check top standings in international shooting sports, and you'll find Finns in the top ranks consistently. They have their own NRA (about a year old), and, UN anti-arms initiatives being fronted by their own diplomats, legit Finnish sportsmen will suffer first and worst in the predictable backlash. Given that and their remarkable military history, you've got to feel a sick-at-the-pit sympathy for those fellows in the coming months.

9:00 AM  
Blogger theirritablearchitect said...

Wow. I had no idea that the Finns had any form of firearms-rights organization at all, and it's only about a year old?!!! Ouch!

Yep. Gonna sting, like you said, and yes, sick-at-the-pit sympathy for the future...for all of us.

Face it, we are in a no-win situation on this, with muddle-headed thinkers and politicians at the helm, and the "Free" zones being prime pickings for disgruntled and unattended yutes. It's only a matter of time before the idiot proles get their way on this, I'm afraid.

Yeah, I'm a single-issue voter mostly, and I doubt that is going to change, since I view that topic as our last line in the sand, so to speak.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home