Wednesday, October 27, 2004

The Revolution is ripening

Like the bumper sticker says, "Keep honking, I'm reloading."

Can the political discourse in this country become any dirtier?

We have both sides engaged in a war that is spiraling into a real third world kind of story. Breaking into campaign offices. Threatening campaign workers with physical violence. Filing civil lawsuits preemptively. Back-handed tactics (we could open the whole 527 thing here and never completely cover this) with regard to what constitutes "media." BOTH candidates openly lying about the other. Reports of buses of 'Enforcers' from labor unions showing up at polls to intimidate voters. Fill in the blank, it's being done, and it is all disgraceful.

Trying to run over a political office holder with a car? Apparently this is what it is coming to, which is scary since it affirms what I have been feeling as a sort of 'pulse' from the people around me. People ARE willing to take drastic measures, as we can see. This election is polarizing the country like I have never seen before. I wish everyone would just be cool, go to the polls and let their voice be heard in the best way we have, but I think that we are going to see a huge swell of this kind of crap in the coming week.

I am not a religious kind of man, but I pray that we can all keep it together. I am a pragmatic man, however, and as such, will prepare for the worst. So, assholes, all I can say is, "Keep pushing, I'm reloading."

-B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home