Friday, November 05, 2010

Oh, I get it Barry, five by five, loud and clear

This is the bit that really gets me;
"Obama also said he recognizes now that "leadership is not just legislation," and that "it's a matter of persuading people. And giving them confidence and bringing them together. And setting a tone. And making an argument that people can understand." (emphasis - Ed.)
Ya see, Barry, I understand your argument, perfectly, and it's not how persuasive you are (or not), that makes any difference with me. I know what you are saying, regardless of the specific verbiage, and it's all crap.

Your entire reason for all the flap in the first place.

Get it?

What you are implicitly saying, and it's right there in black and white, is that I'm too stupid to know what you are saying, and that by, somehow, explaining it better, I'll get "it," whatever it is that you are trying to sell me.

The truth is, Barry, YOU are the stupid fuck, not me.

I don't want whatever it is you are either baiting me with, or trying to shove down my throat (e.g. - Obamacare).

I'm not holding my breath about how things will work out with the supposed "landslide" of the Pachs from earlier in the week, and considering history on the subject, I'm sure there will lots of "compromise" in the next session of Congress, much to my personal dismay.

I'm tired of it all, the compromise, that is. I want nothing more than for interference to be run, at every corner, of your agenda.

Gridlock, stalemate, whatever you want to call it, Barry.

I want NOTHING to be done in Congress, for the next two years.

NOTHING.

If that extends to the lack of passage of a federal budget, I will call that an accomplishment.

Do you understand that, moron?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Mark B. said...

I'm with you there. The Current Occupant (to steal a term previously used by renowned lefty tool Garrison Keillor) has from the time even before he was seated at least been consistent in his condescension for the unwashed masses. We're too dumb to know what's good for us, or we don't understand what he's trying to do, or we don't get the mechanism or some other such horseshit.

As Lileks once wrote, "People know stuff." What we know is who you are, Jugears, and more to the point, what you aren't. We know what you -- or probably more properly your handlers -- want to do and we aren't buying, at least not willingly. Unfortunately, a whole bunch of people too stupid to see through the facade voted in 2008; now a very large subset thereof are getting heartburn over what they wrought and have serious buyers' remorse. For those folks, all I got is, "Told ya so -- you selfish bastards."

I wonder how much more gasbaggery the White House thinks is going to be necessary to persuade us flyover hicks that what we know is wrong, and whether or not they're going to descend to "See Spot Run"-type rhetoric in pursuit of their agenda.

The self-parody is simply pathetic. I mean really, is there no one in this administration bright enough to understand how petty and childish their Narcissist-In-Chief is making the lot of them look?



'Berg

9:47 AM  
Blogger theirritablearchitect said...

"...is there no one in this administration bright enough to understand how petty and childish their Narcissist-In-Chief is making the lot of them look? "

No, I must disagree.

I think they know exactly how petty and childish they look, and that is a source of pride for them.

They've rammed it down our throats, and they are never going to stop telling us about it.

They like it that way.

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home