Monday, August 13, 2007

Marko, on "gun buybacks"

I am a semi-regular reader of Marko Kloos (He's a Krauter expat married to an American, whereas it's the other way around for me.), and he almost always has a few good words to say, and in particular, this bit about how...

"Earnest politicians and eager law enforcement brass congregate in front of a bunch of cameras, and pat themselves on the back for sponsoring an event that'll improve public safety, "get guns off the street", and make the violent crime rate plummet."

Which, of course, makes them nothing more than,

..."a bunch of fluffy crap."

Fucking priceless.

Labels: , , , ,


Blogger Kevin said...

I haven;t heard of a gun buy-back out here wher I live for a long time, if ever. I sure would like to take advantage of one and turn in a bunch of rusted old crap for some cold, hard cash... if I could find some crappy old guns that I'd be willing to part with, anyway...

11:43 AM  
Blogger BobG said...

I'm glad they don't have foolishness like that around here; the only time you see people buying old guns is at gun shows and yard sales.

1:40 PM  
Blogger NotClauswitz said...

99% of what they do is done to stroke their moral vanity, and the other 1% is to stick it in the pie.

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home