Tuesday, December 12, 2006

"Everything in my power..."

Seeing this piece in the headlines today got me to thinking about something I was reading last week.

This got me to thinking about that FOX interview with Clinton and Chris Wallace recently, so I looked up the transcript. It's really amazing for me to see Bill Clinton on TV these days, doing the same schtick he did when he was in office.

I mean, after just reading that Reuter's piece, I really have to wonder if Bill believes everything he says. My guess is that he does, but only because he's caught up with with himself and can believe in the cognitive dissonance of his argument versus the facts.

The Srebrenica massacre was the result of a UN brokered deal. The Bosnians laid down their weapons, at the behest of the UN, and the they would be spared, and put under the protective custody of the blue-helmet "peacekeepers". That's what Bill would tell you anyway, but that isn't what happened. The Bosnians were handed over at some point (probably with the help of some rifles pointed in the right direction) to the Serbs by the Dutch forces, with the promise that the Bosnians would be kept under their (Serb) protection.

http://newsbusters.org/node/7841 (video clips)

Seems that he didn't do everything in his power to prevent this piece of genocide, yet I've seen him repeatedly take the credit for getting the Balkan wars under control. Bunch of BS if you ask me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home