Thursday, September 13, 2007

How to piss me off

Start fucking with my meat.

I simply can't understand why anyone would want to be a vegetarian, but, there are those who do and really, there isn't anything I can do about it. So, they do as they want and eat their vegetables and they're happy. Everyone goes about their business and I eat my beef/chicken/lamb/pork/venison, and all is right with the world.

Not so fast, there. In steps the food, er, uh, the environmental police telling us all that it's not really about what is good for you as far as putting it down your gullet, but about Saving The Planet™, so, they're gonna take away your steak, all in the hope of cutting down on the flatulence created by those filthy quadrupeds, you see. I almost shit when I read this part,
"We are at a significant tipping point...if people knew that they were
threatening the environment by eating more meat, they might think twice before
ordering a burger," said Geri Brewster a nutritionist at Northern Westchester
Hospital in New York, who was not connected to the study.

Note for the retards who thought this one up: You want to start a large scale war within the boundaries of this country? Try fucking with my food supply. I'll start from the top down and will not finish until the last of you has his head sitting upon a pike in my front yard, posing as my latest lawn ornament.

The next fad in the Fight Against Global Warming™ , taxing your meat consumption. Can we please start the killing NOW?!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger NotClauswitz said...

Those poor vegimiterian fools with the carbo-rich farting diet...

1:27 PM  
Blogger BobG said...

I agree with DirtCrashr, vegetarians fart a lot more than a cow.

2:24 PM  
Blogger chrisb said...

Let the slaughter begin. Here in Texas we will hang anyone who threatens our steady supply of heart attack inducing bloody bovine flesh. What the hell!?!?!?!? Leave it to a damn yankee to spout this crap. Is it just me or does he appear to have a conflict of interest here? He is supposed to be advising his clients about nutrition, but is obviously biased because he is an environutter. I can't imagine what would happen if my nutritionist told me to quite eating meat because of cow farts.

9:30 AM  
Blogger chrisb said...

Oops, the 'my nutritionist' item above was a hypothetical entity. I of course do not have one. If I did though, maybe I would not be a fatass. /shrug

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to know what exactly these people think will replace the herds on the rangelands. We can have buffalo instead of cows if we want plains, and we can have deer and elk if we allow the plains to forest in the absence of large herds of herbivores. (Or, ooh- caribou.) Granted, they'll be smaller herds without ranchers feeding them, but they'll be far from tiny.

Alternatively, we can sterilize the middle of the country. Save the earth!

3:08 PM  
Blogger theirritablearchitect said...

Bison. YUM!!!

I'm ALL for it.

Lean, tasty and tender.

Thanks for dropping by LabRat. I think I may have made a comment over at Kevin Baker's place using the incorrect genative. Sorry 'bout that. I tend to use a lot of male gender identifiers when I'm writing about blog stuff and people whom I'm not personally known to.

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never take it personally unless I mentioned it and the person addresses me as male anyway. THAT'S just plain not paying attention.

I'm with you on the bison. I'd be happy with a broad return to grass-fed beef, too.

9:43 PM  
Blogger chrisb said...

I would trade herds of huntable buffs and 'bou for cows!

10:12 AM  
Blogger theirritablearchitect said...

chrisb,

Me too!

My only problem is, strangely, firepower. The largest thing I have in my armory is .308 and while that may do with penetrators, I want a decent medium bore in my battery before taking on something the size of a bison.

I'm kinda partial to the .376 Steyr in own of their own rifles, as I already own two of these, and the ergonomics are just great. Something in a .375 class is just a much better, cleaner kill on this sort of hunt, methinks.

10:29 AM  
Blogger chrisb said...

That is probably true. I am sure the .308 would take them down no problem though with a well placed shot.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home