Friday, July 11, 2008

Cultural relativism designs Bullshit stove

No, I'm not kidding.

I'm curious about how this "unique cooking method" mentioned differs substantially from the way I do it on my electric range at home. I mean, I put some sort of food stuff in a pan or pot, and generally cook it by boiling water or direct searing with the surface of the hot pan.

Am I missing something?

Loved the bit about how the indoor air quality in third-world, uh, I mean, developing countries is extremely poor, and that this new stove (which operates similarly to a Franklin stove, so how new is it?) will prevent, "Indoor air pollution-related deaths claim(ing) the lives of 1.5 million people a year, mainly women and children."

Ah, the women and children red herring. I see. Well, if anyone is awake, they'd be able to reason the cause for this. Is it because the man of the family is a callous bastard, holding the woman's and children's heads over the hot stack of gases, choking their lungs with soot? No, the man of the house is usually not inside, but outside, tending to cattle or other grazers or plowing fields for wheat or corn or other staples. So, it stands to reason that he'd not be adversely affected since his proximity to the emissions concentrations is far greater. Duh.

Honestly, anyone who gives to, or works for these charities or Non-Profs just needs a good kick in the head.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home