Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Was going to hit the gunshow this weekend...

...but ran across this yesterday at J and G Sales, and decided I'd skip the show, since I was going there to lay-up some stock for the G3.

A crate of British Radway-Green, at well under a buck a round.

Not nearly as cheap as it was 7 or 8 years ago, but I can't complain, as it's actually available (Jeezis, 7.62 NATO has simply vanished lately) and at what I can comparatively call a decent price.

BHO has been the serious salesman, hasn't he? {spit}

Buy it cheap, stack it deep...while we can.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger NotClauswitz said...

Yay Ammo! Yay! What's that song by whoozits? "Ammo be there..."? I'm having a bit more difficulty getting 5.56...

6:24 PM  
Blogger theirritablearchitect said...

Not sure what differences there are with regard to geography, but putting hands on some of the new American Eagle stuff isn't too terribly hard around here.

Not even close to match, but at least it's not Furrin' stuff that's non-reloadable, like my AK. Now putting away a stash for that one is important.

10:04 PM  
Blogger NotClauswitz said...

Yes but the indefatigable AK will not balk in mud or sand and can shoot anything from .22LR to .308 no? ;-)

word: untru - it knew?!

1:24 PM  
Blogger theirritablearchitect said...

...and even the Ruskie 7.62x54, blowing a three-foot fireball out the end of the barrel.

In retrospect, it was a poor decision to get that rifle, as laying an extra couple of bills on the table could have gotten me a good, basic AR, and I could have even afforded it at the time. Stupid me.

I'm just too stubborn to give in at this point. I have too much invested my AK, in both ammo and as a project gun. I'd get hosed on ANY deal I'd try to make in exchange for it. Besides, despite it being a clanky box of steel with ill-fitted parts, and poor user interfaces, generally, it's a surprisingly good shooter, though it can't compare to the general mechanical superiority of the AR. The tolerances just aren't there, what with a barrel trunnion that is riveted to the flimsy sheet metal receiver...The design is for conscripts with little formal education, perhaps it's greatest strength of design. It does go bang.

Anyway, mine is now relegated to CQB status

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home