Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Where are we?

These thugs are raiding a woman's farm for producing something that doesn't meet up with their definitions of what should be put on a label, because it's a law.

This is food, damn-it, and it is absolutely NO ONE'S business through what source I might be procuring it.

I don't give two-licks-of-a-dead-wet-rat's ass about cooperatives, or commercial sales possibly being involved here. And damn the fucking FDA and every "health department" in the nation; they've never done me an favors, as I know I've gotten sick from eating at joints that had passed their latest "health inspection."

Here's the kicker, for me anyway;
"What's behind all these raids? They seem to stem from increasing concern at both the state and federal level about the spread of private food groups that have sprung up around the country in recent years -- food clubs and buying groups to provide specialized local products that are generally unavailable in groceries, like grass-fed meats, pastured eggs, fermented foods, and, in some cases, raw dairy products. Because they are private and limited to consumers who sign up for membership, these groups generally avoid obtaining retail and public health licenses required of retailers that sell to the general public."
I suppose I'm to believe that this is really about permits, which means taxes, and in the end, control.

I'm sure that's right.

Do you all see where this is headed?

Not pretty from where I sit.

H/T to Mike at Sipsey Street for the link.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home