Thursday, November 11, 2010

Going according to plan

Or not.

Get this bit;
"...the explosives detonated correctly, but an undetected crack on the south side of the tower pulled it in a different direction."
That begs the question of how anyone knew, after the fact, of this crack, but assuming for a moment that, say, good camera footage uncovered a fault in the stack upon detonation, it would go a long way toward proving that this sort of thing is still inexact enough to give professionals a fit.

I could mention, here, something about the Kool-Aid Truther crowd and the WTC collapse horseshit that those types would like to perpetuate as fact, but I'd be repeating myself.

Oh well. None so blind as those who refuse to see, I suppose.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Tam said...

I'm just guessing, but in this day of cheap cameras and digital data transmission, it wouldn't surprise me to find out that the basic cost of the demolition included a few disposable digital cameras and associated WiFi xmitters.

I seem to recollect that the news footage of the demolition of the old stadium here in Indy a couple years back included a camera on the fifty yard line that went to static as the thing came down around it...

2:19 PM  
Blogger theirritablearchitect said...

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing too. My only guess as to why demos are being recorded this way is for the reason I mentioned; post collapse analysis.

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Mark B. said...

WAAAYYY late on this, but . . .

If memory properly serves, Contolled Demolition Inc. did the Hoosier Do -- err, RCA Dome drop.

The Loizeauxs don't make those kinds of mistakes. They photograph and videograph everything for precisely that reason -- post-event analysis.

'Berg

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home