Thursday, January 11, 2007

"Wow" is right.

My fury over the Seery piece, which I read first, was tempered by the outstanding rebuttal of the Gutfield piece, over its sheer insanity and pointing out what the Seery screed really is, political hackery.

I can't say that I disagree with the outcome that Gutfield is proposing either, and I think he's as serious as a heart attack about it. As am I.

I have long held the belief that we are heading toward a civil war in this country, and articles such as these do nothing to alleviate my concerns. Then again, most people believe that such things are written as, and intended to be, nothing more than hyperbole. I don't think so in this case. If one needs any proof, ask yourself the question, "Are there persons walking around in this country who actually believe in what Seery is preaching? And if so, how many of them are there?" I am willing to make a wager about that number of people, the "true believers" if you will, and it's at least well into the seven figures, if not bigger. These people are sick for even suggesting such things, yet for them, there is nothing morally reprehensible about their behavior. Hypocritically, then, they will openly call for the prosecution and imprisonment of people such as Greg Gutfield for "incitement" or "conspiracy for attempted murder" for openly calling Seery out for doing the exact same thing.

I think that Gutfield truly would enjoy decking Seery, as well he should. If this specific situation should come to blows, as I am sure that things like this eventually will, I can't see why some sort of politically based assassinations would not become the eventuality.

It may get really messy over here. How soon is my bigger concern.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger NotClauswitz said...

Heh, deck him with a broken 2x4, done virtually in a post - good for him.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home