Monday, April 30, 2007

This kind of stuff reaffirms my position

The Ward Parkway Mall shooting.

No kidding, I grew up just a couple of miles from this place.

I went to high school within spitting distance.

I would often run right by the south entrance, during cross-country practice after school, and I probably did that about a thousand times, too.

Bought ALL of my running gear (still do, for that matter) at a great little mom-and-pop store, that is still in business, there.

I was in there, not but a few weeks ago, getting some additional foul weather gear...


and I was armed.

Not that that is too shocking, but the fact that most people who know of my tendency to carry often question its utility. I'm curious if anyone has maybe changed their minds after this. I've never thought any differently, and this incident is surely not going to dissuade me from doing so in the future.

Hopefully, I'll never need to use my piece, but I like knowing that it's there, just in case.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home