Thursday, December 06, 2007

More disaffected yutes

So, a loser who has a felony drug conviction, recently lost his girl and his job after being kicked to the street by his parents about a year earlier (I really DO wonder why), still manages to acquire himself a gun (insert hoplophobic rhetoric of your choice here), and shoots up the local mall. I saw something similar recently, and pretty close to home.

I'm noticing a pattern.

I found this bit interesting, from Brad Garrett, former FBI agent, on ABC News,

"Malls are always going to be a soft target"

No shit. Is anyone taking notes?

You know, I really don't understand the 'why' of this whole mass shooting phenomenon, and I don't think anyone can really explain to me how it's going to be solved. I understand some the reasons for its manifestation, notably the aforemention angst, dissaffection and lack of satisfaction with certain circumstances of life in general, but why is it suddenly turning young men from all over the world into homicidal maniacs?

I have only one or two conclusions that I can draw from the available information, generally to this trend and not necessarily specifically, so I'll wait to see when the next similar act is carried out if it's following along similar characteristics of earlier shootings, notably the murderers themselves.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

check this out:
http://homophobelol.ytmnd.com/

7:47 PM  
Blogger theirritablearchitect said...

Not that it has anything to do directly with the post subject, but I did find it funny, "Anon".

And since I know who you are, it's good that we see eye to eye on such matters.

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home