Friday, May 23, 2008

Truly humbling

Along the same vein concerning romantic piano music that I previously touched on here, I found a few performances that were not only startling, by the simple fact that they were being rendered by kids, barely out of diapers, but the technical expertise and outright mastery of the essence of the pieces gave me the chills.

It's all Chopin, all the time around here:

Nocturne Opus 9, No. 2. It even sounds pretty good on that wheezy upright, I think.

Then, we move on to a 10-year old playing Etude 24. Watch the hands!

Next is this one, Nocturne Op. 20 in C sharp Minor, Posthumous, which left me jaw agape. Simply unbelievable. How does she even reach the effing pedals?!!!

Just for shits and giggles, here's a rather exceptional rendition of Koelling's Rhapsody. The boy simply owns it.

That shit just pisses me right off.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home