Friday, October 24, 2008

So, the other night the phone rings

And I pick up,

"Hello," I say.

"Yes, may I speak with {theirritablearchitect}?" says the inner-city yoof on the other end.

"SPEAKING!" I enunciate clearly, and loudly, to him, fully well knowing some schyster is about to do some politicking.

"This is Shawn(or Sean/Shaun/Shawannn...., take your pick), from the Kansas Campaign for Change."

Already knowing who this is, and what they're up to, I thought to myself, "Man, they've got some serious stones trying to drum up support in Johnson County."

So I play along, and ask, "Kansas Campaign for Change?, who are you representing?" sarcastically.

"The Democrats...?" he responds, sheepishly.

"Yeah, that's just not going to happen, so you can just fucking forget all that," I reply.

(click)

My wife stood there and watched me do the whole schtick, mouth agape. After I hung up, she told me that I'm mean.

(shrug)

Fuck'em. The whole lot of 'em.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Queue the Secret Service.

9:14 AM  
Blogger theirritablearchitect said...

You want to hear something funnier?

The stoopid bastards called back...for my wife this time, a day or two later.

After asking if they could speak with the Mrs., I told them, "Hell no!," only to be told that they were calling to inform her of their "need" to keep people abreast of rampant "rascism" in voting.

I told the commie bitch to screw herself.

11:47 AM  
Blogger NotClauswitz said...

No-fucking-way!

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home