Friday, October 13, 2006

Just a thought

While going through my mail this morning, I run across one of those mileage rewards programs (this one through Delta Air Lines Rewards), asking me to 'redeem' my miles and choose several from their list of magazines.

I'm not usually up for these kinds of gimmicks, and since I fly so infrequently, I tend to let miles lapse on these programs (Boo-frickin'-hoo) and shred them before tossing them in the trash. This time, for god-knows-what reason, I looked their list over. There was exactly ONE magazine on the list that interested me, and I already subscribe (real shocker), but what struck me as odd was something else, the inclusion of both Out and The Advocate, and the descriptions of each as being alternative lifestyle magazines. Not that I really care, but I figured that these days the gay community would be filing lawsuits via the ACLU if their 'lifestyle' were portrayed as anything other than 'mainstream'.

I'm sure the bedwetters will make the connection at some point and get their knickers in a bunch over it. Wait and see.

2 Comments:

Blogger NotClauswitz said...

I bet they don't have Guns & Ammo among the magazines on the list.

5:17 PM  
Blogger theirritablearchitect said...

That would be a negatory on that, Dirt.

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home