Monday, June 09, 2008

Cut the crap

With the bullshit about "international consensus" and, "establishing an emissions trading market worldwide," I can just bet it has to do more with selling more PV technology to the rest of us and increasing business on the Nikkei.

I don't need the Japanese PM telling me about how much I need his rules shoved down my throat, for my own good.

And the eco-weenies just have to throw in a bunch of crap that can't be proven:

"European nations support a U.N. scientific finding that emissions cuts of between 25 percent to 40 percent by 2020 are needed to stop global temperatures from rising so high they trigger widespread environmental damage."

Of course, there is a red-herring in the whole mess too:

"On the controversial topic of emissions trading, Fukuda said Japan will take a more supportive role in establishing rules and a framework that can be agreed upon internationally.
"It is important to create a market that is based on healthy, real demand, not on a money game," he said."

Ah, so it's about creating a, "healthy, real demand", not a "money game"...on what is clearly a money-making endeavor. Excuse me while I call Bullshit on that one.

And, of course, this being a governmentally derived "solution", their "strategy" for "fixing" the situation is both invasive and nebulous:

"Fukuda said Japan would use a broad range of strategies to reduce its emissions, including investment in new technologies, stiff construction standards to create energy efficient buildings, an array of tax incentives and a public awareness campaign."

So, it sounds like taxes will be raised to "invest" in "new technology", and stiff construction standards (JUST ASK ME ABOUT THIS ONE!) to supposedly create "better" buildings and "incentives" (could you please be more specific, I need to know if it's going to be worth MY money to implement this) and a propaganda campaign that will make the long march of Chairman Mao look like a disorganized weekend scouting trip.

Lovely.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger NotClauswitz said...

My recommendation is get and read Steyn's "America Alone" - Japan is a declining nation with an unsustainable falling birthrate. They need a little cash in the bank before it all collapses and they dissappear.

11:20 AM  
Blogger theirritablearchitect said...

Good points, one and all.

I've been remiss in dealing with the current stack of books in need of attention on my nightstand. Steyn's book is something I've been meaning to check out for some time. Adding it to my queue.

3:50 PM  
Blogger chrisb said...

Damn it. I don't want no freakin' carbon credits.

http://gunsandguts.blogspot.com/2007/04/big-shock.html

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home