Wednesday, April 08, 2009

My Mantra

Long has it been that I have uttered a similar phrase, out loud, and in almost any setting one could think of, irrespective of the argument at hand;

"All I have ever learned has me convinced that the principal crisis of our times is that most of them simply do not think...They don't know what it is (essentially: cognitive integration of facts), let alone how to do it."

The idiots just don't know how to think, and that has been clear to me for years.

I am forced to consider this point whenever I deal with...pretty much everyone around me, every single day.

No wonder our culture is doomed.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger NotClauswitz said...

I blame collectivists in the Education Industry who are dependent upon the direct stimulus-response faculty and have replaced cogito with emotio for a faster "answer."

Or else TV has rotted their brains.

5:55 PM  
Blogger theirritablearchitect said...

Kevin Baker has covered the topic rather well over the years, and I'm convinced that he's got it all right.

The George Orwell Daycare Center should be required reading, I think.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home